Hey, tech ladies!
As you already know, autumn in Bucharest is rich in awesome events dedicated to your startup, to your professional growth and to connecting you to peers worldwide. Doesn’t it sound delightful?
And here’s one of those delightful ones you shouldn’t miss.
If you are the founder or part of an early stage tech startup located in CEE and looking for investment, mentoring and valuable connections, here’s your opportunity. We warmly recommend you become part of the How to Web Startup Spotlight, competition and orientation program that offers 20.000 USD in cash prizes to the best 32 teams in the region.
Applications are now open on the program’s website and ongoing until October 20th, 2014.
If you get to be one of the finalists of Startup Spotlight 2014, prepare to take the main stage of How to Web conference by storm and pitch in front of its entire audience. This is your chance to gain regional and international exposure, receive expert advice, establish meaningful connections and, on top of all this, compete for fantastic prizes!
Here’s how your moment of glory would look like. Quite tempting we’d say.
What is Startup Spotlight about?
It is an intense competition and orientation program for early stage startups in the CEE working on tech products with disruptive potential. Workshops and dedicated mentoring sessions, top notch investors, early stage investment funds and accelerator representatives, will await for you between November 19-22, in Bucharest, to help you grow your startup better and faster.
What’s in it for you?
Here’s a short, but detailed glimpse at the benefits you’ll enjoy by attending the program:
- The unique opportunity to pitch on the main stage of How to Web Conference 2014.
- 20.000 USD of cash prizes offered by IXIA, main partner of the program.
- One-to-one meetings with experienced mentors and renowned professionals from all around the world. Check out the complete mentors list here.
- Valuable connections with world class early-stage investment funds, angel investors and accelerators. You’ll get to meet representatives of 500 Startups, TechStars, Seedcamp Startupbootcamp, Early Bird Ventures, 3TS Capital or Connect Ventures among many others – the full list of investors is available here.
- The chance to meet strategic partners and savvy advisers.
Year over year, 35% of the startups that attended Startup Spotlight closed important deals as a result of attending the program. The previous edition’s report is out, so feel free to check here how the last year’s startups did and see why Startup Spotlight is definitely the place to be this November.
Is Startup Spotlight right for you as well?
Wondering if Startup Spotlight fits your current needs? Please, see the checklist below to understand whether you have the startup profile that helps you get the most out of the program.
- You have been working on your product for less than 2 years
- Your startup has at least one Co-Founder from the CEE
- At least part of your team is residing in the CEE
- You have already developed a prototype for your product
- You haven’t raised more than 100k to date
So, we’re all informed and set. All you have to do now is to complete your application bearing in mind that the jury will evaluate your application by looking at the team fit & experience, market size & potential, market validation, initial traction, as well as the overall feasibility of your product. You can submit your application until Monday, October 20, and you will find out if you’ve made it into the program on Monday, October 28!